Search for a Job with USAJOBS Advanced Search
UASJOBS is the official online platform of the US Government for Federal jobs and employment information. Providing an online system for Federal agencies and job seekers to support online job application and recruitment, USAJOBS is operated to offer public notice of Federal employment opportunities to Federal employees and US citizens. There are programs designed and launched for the building and sustaining of the excellence in the 21st century workforce, including the career programs and job positions for individuals with disabilities, veterans, students and recent graduates, and senior executives. USAJOBS provides job searching services for every visitor. To search for a job, you are not required to have an online account or be signed into USAJOBS. Beside some jobs which are only open to applicant eligible candidates, most jobs are open to the public. It is quite convenient and easy to search for a job with Advance Search at USAJOBS, if you have signed in, your applicant eligibility status will automatically populate in your search. If you have no account, you can select your applicant eligibility in the advanced search to maximize the result.
About United States Office of Personnel Management The United States Office of Personnel Management or OPM, is an independent agency of the US government which manages the civil service of the federal government. Founded in 1979 as the replacement of the United States Civil Service Commission, it conducts the mission of recruiting, retaining and honoring world-class force to serve the American people. The OPM is responsible for maintaining the appearance of independence and neutrality in the Administrative Law System, and for the management of security clearances for the United States Government as well. How Can You Search for a Job Using USAJOBS Advanced Search?
- A computer with access to the internet.
- You need to select the search criteria as specific as possible, and enter at least one of the keyword, title, or location.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Visit the website of USAJOBS at related link 1 below.
- Click “Advanced Search” in the home page.
- Select your search criteria, and enter at least among the keyword, title, and location.
- Click “Search Jobs” when you have finished entering the specific search criteria.
- Browse all the job opportunities that match your search criteria.
- If you want, you can refine the search results by using the Filters on the left side of the page.
- View the details of a job opportunity by clicking on the job title, and click “Apply Online” if you want to apply for the position.
- Get help with the Advanced Search at related link 2 below.
- View the UASJOBS Tutorials at related link 3.
- USAJOBS: http://www.usajobs.gov/Content/pdfs/Advanced%20Search.pdf
- USAJOBS Tutorials: http://www.usajobs.gov/SpotlightsAll/SpotlightDetails?contentID=66